We’ve upgraded blogs.mcgill.ca to WordPress MU 2.7.1, you shouldn’t notice any dramatic changes.
Here are a couple of quick tips for navigating the new 2.7 dashboard interface:
- Many of the boxes on the dashboard and especially on the post editing page can be dragged around to suit your workflow better. You can move them from one column to another or up and down in the same column.
- Boxes can also be “closed” and “opened” by clicking on the small down arrow on the right-hand side of the box title. This is useful for boxes you use occasionally but not often enough to have open all the time.
- There is a pull down “Screen Options” button at the top of most pages, here you can select which boxes you want to see. Never use custom fields? Turn off that box and reduce your screen clutter.
- The side menu can be minimized by clicking on the little arrow buttons. This will give you more screen space for important stuff, but if you’re unfamiliar with that menu it may take some getting used to.
- The dashboard boxes can be customized, so for example if you don’t want to read the latest wordpress news, you can change that box to use a different RSS news feed.