Iteration #5

Here’s how we did in iteration 4:

Completed:

  • Deploy emergency messaging system developed in iteration 3
  • Deploy other fixes and enhancements delivered in iteration 3
  • Enhancements to /maps search
  • Channels phase 1 – handle non-standard locations
  • Home page phase 2
  • Localization server investigation (with help from ISR)
  • Plank recommendations
  • Update some plugins and modules
  • Other miscellaneous tickets

Partially completed:

  • Profile tools phase 2
  • Continuing deployment of local search
  • Sectional navigation
  • Channels phase 1 – alter existing Drupal module to use new hub site

Pushed out to backlog because of other commitments:

  • CSS update for “tabular” form layout
  • Channels phase 1 – create hub views
  • Channels phase 1 – create feeds
  • Convert mediaguide WPS application to Drupal

In total we closed tickets worth 157 story points in iteration 4.

Here’s what we have planned for iteration #5:

  • Finish local search deployment
  • Channels phase 1 – client/hub integration
  • Channels phase 1 – feeds
  • Channels phase 1 – views
  • Channels phase 1 – extend taxonomy support
  • Profile tools phase 2
  • More Plank updates
  • E-Calendar summer studies import
  • Complete private files module (make it work with all files)
  • Improve menu control
  • Deploy megamenu
  • Slideshow fixes
  • Deploy view_unpublished_content
  • Prettify gallery display
  • Some plugin and module updates
  • Deploy feedback form and spam protection
  • Other miscellaneous tickets

We have 29 tickets in iteration 5, for a total of 159 story points.

Iteration 5 ends on 16th December 2011.

Iteration #4

Here’s how we did in iteration 3:

  • Channels phase 1 – data import – Module created and developer tested
  • Fixing a few problems with the new /maps page – DONE
  • Deploying local search – Deployment begun, but continued into iteration 4.
  • Fixing some styling issues with ecalendar syndicated content – DONE
  • Applying some changes suggested by Plank – DONE
  • Starting work on the new emergency messaging system – DONE
  • Continuing work on the McGill homepage redesign – Phase 1 done
  • Enhancing our profile tools – Partially done, new tickets pushed to i4
  • Fixing table theming issues (an ISR ticket) – DONE

In total we closed 50 tickets in iteration 3, for a total of 155 story points.

Here’s what we planned for iteration #4:

  • Deploy emergency messaging system developed in iteration 3
  • Deploy other fixes and enhancements delivered in iteration 3
  • Continuing deployment of local search
  • Enhancements to /maps search
  • Channels phase 1 – alter existing Drupal module to use new hub site
  • Channels phase 1 – create feeds
  • Channels phase 1 – create hub views
  • Channels phase 1 – handle non-standard locations
  • Home page phase 2
  • Profile tools phase 2
  • Convert mediaguide WPS application to Drupal
  • Sectional navigation
  • Localization server investigation (with help from ISR)
  • Plank recommendations
  • CSS update for “tabular” form layout
  • Update some plugins and modules
  • Other miscellaneous tickets

We had 40 tickets assigned to iteration 4, estimated at 160 story points.

Iteration #3

Here in CCS we’ve been trying out some agile methods to improve our development workflow. One of the key traits of good agile development is transparency, so with that in mind we will be publishing updates here on our iterations.

We started keeping records with our 3rd iteration:

Our main focus for iteration 3 was the redevelopment of the Channels system, specifically the first phase of that development, which is to get all the channels data from the WPS into Drupal.

The other areas we worked on in iteration 3 were:

  • Fixing a few problems with the new /maps page
  • Deploying the new local search solution for Drupal sites
  • Fixing some styling issues with ecalendar syndicated content
  • Applying some changes suggested by Plank
  • Starting work on the new emergency messaging system
  • Continuing work on the McGill homepage redesign
  • Enhancing our profile tools
  • Fixing table theming issues (an ISR ticket)
  • A few other miscellaneous tickets

A total of 26 tickets were assigned to iteration 3, estimated at 107 story points.

Iteration 3 ended on 21st October 2011.

Blog authors are solely responsible for the content of the blogs listed in the directory. Neither the content of these blogs, nor the links to other web sites, are screened, approved, reviewed or endorsed by McGill University. The text and other material on these blogs are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or information of McGill.