We have succesfully upgraded blogs.mcgill.ca to the latest version of WordPress. You will notice that the Dashboard has been completely re-designed, mostly in a good way. If you have any problems, or questions about the new version, just leave a comment or contact me.
While setting up blogs in our pilot WordPress project blogs.mcgill.ca, I’ve been asked what the difference is between the various user roles in WordPress. From the WordPress Codex, here is a brief summary:
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.
For more information, read about Roles and Capabilities on the WordPress Codex.