PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP: Telefilm Canada
Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Web and Social Media, the Communications Intern will support the Web and Social Media and External Communications teams in their daily tasks and projects. Candidates will be tasked with assisting in the formation, creation and execution of a variety of social media and communications strategies. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Support daily content creation and dissemination across various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, intranet, corporate website and email (CakeMail);
- Research various industry-related topics for press releases and social media content;
- Ad hoc analytic reports;
- Creating and maintaining a master list of talent and national events;
- Perform other related duties as needed.
This is a paid summer internship, offering up to 252 total hours (average of 21 hours a week) at the rate of $15/hr.
Posting Number: 2016/17-7
Application Deadline: June 6
More information: http://telefilm.ca/en/telefilm/human-resources/employment/201617-7-communications-intern
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions and decisions
- Communicates effectively and openly
- Ensures that messages conveyed are consistent and within context
- Creates and participates in bi-directional communication exchanges
- Looks for continuous improvement and takes calculated risks
- Positively challenges the status quo
- Champion of change in one’s job
- Anticipates and initiates change
- Engages others
- Leads change and celebrates successes
- Recognizes the contributions of team members
- Seeks out resources and learning opportunities in everyday work and enables others to learn by creating opportunities
- Actively gathers, organizes and transfers knowledge and experience to others and facilitates its application
- Gives and seeks specific, timely and constructive feedback and supports development
Courageous team player
- Addresses difficult issues
- Puts oneself on the line
- Stands firm
- Builds solid relationships
- Is responsive and anticipates needs
- Provides quality and efficiency driven solutions and services
- Aligns actions and decisions with external and internal clients’ priorities
Other competencies and requirements
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism program;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various social media platforms;
- Comfort working with a CMS (Drupal or WordPress);
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team;
- Superior written skills in one of the official languages (writing samples may be requested);
- Bilingualism, both oral and written (French/English);
- Interest in Canadian films and talent an asset.
Please submit a cover letter, quoting the appropriate posting number, with a curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department in Montreal, by fax (514-283-2043) or by e-mail at CV@telefilm.ca.
- Telefilm Canada adheres to principles of employment equity.
- Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
- We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.