McGill Linguistics was well represented at this year’s annual meeting of the Canadian Linguistics Association, which took place earlier this month at the University of Victoria. The following talks and posters were presented:
- Alyona Belikova: Linguistically misleading instruction: Effective or not?
- Jessica Coon & Alan Bale: Person and Number in Mi’gmaq
- Heather Goad & Akiko Shimada: /s/ is a Vocoid in Blackfoot
- Michael Hamilton: Wh-movement in Mi’gmaq
- Oriana Kilbourn-Ceron: Almost does not evaluate propositional alternatives
- Elise McClay, Erin Olson, Carol Little, Hisako Noguchi, Alan Bale, Jessica Coon & Gina Cook: Using technology to bridge gaps between speakers, learners, and linguists (special session: Reclaiming Canada’s Indigenous Languages)
- Gretchen McCulloch: Finals in Mi’gmaq
The full program can be seen here.