McLingers are participating in the 2013 Linguistic Institute, currently being held at the University of Michigan:
- Michael Hamilton and Gretchen McCulloch are taking classes as Participants, funded by LSA Fellowships.
- Morgan Sonderegger is co-teaching a course on Computational Models of Sound Change.
and are presenting at two associated workshops:
- Meghan Clayards, Eric Schreiber, and Kris Onishi: Shifting speech categorization implicitly: The role of speech and non-speech cues.
- Meghan Clayards and Thea Knowles: Prosodic strengthening and sibilants
- Michael Wagner and Meghan Clayards: Syntactic effects on variable phonological processes and the locality of production planning