This page contains the blog’s mission and our guidelines for posting comments.
The mission of the Faculty of Science Blog is to share the adventure of discovery with the public. To that end its broader mandate is to promote the field of Science, in particular the work carried out by the Faculty and to provide a forum for discussion. It will:
- Make more visible the Faculty of Science’s internationally renowned scholars and their first-class research
- Expand the Faculty’s public outreach efforts, sharing new scientific knowledge and understanding for the betterment of all
- Strengthen its ties with the broader community by promoting dialogue between the Faculty of Science and the public
We welcome feedback. Some postings (stories) on this blog are open to public comments; if so, you will find a link to log in or to add your comments near the bottom of the posting.
Guidelines for posting comments
- DO ask questions and share opinions; please DO NOT start arguments. This is not the place to posit new laws of thermodynamics or to question the existence of biological evolution, for example.
- DO respect the Code of Conduct governing the use of McGill computing facilities. Additionally, failure to comply could result in posting privileges being removed.
- DO post with your full, real name. If you would rather not share your feedback publicly, you can also e-mail this blog’s moderator.
- DO reflect common courtesy. No personal attacks, libellous comments, offensive material, or flaming.
- DO respect copyright, and the privacy of others.
- DO NOT use this blog for commercial activities; advertisements should not be embedded in the blog.